Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dinner frustration

My 5 year old is driving me up the wall with his refusal to eat fruits/vegetables or anything that might have possibly come into contact, proximity or otherwise with fruit/vegetable.  I think what bugs me the most about this is that he used to love veggies and fruits.  What happened to that kid who ate nothing but the baby corn and broccoli at the Chinese buffet?  Or the kid who had 3 bananas a day?  Disappeared.  Poof.  Frustrating.

Or he refuses to eat apples even though he knows that apple juice comes from apples.  I don't get it.  I know that his doctor has said that it's fine and as long as he's growing healthy and not stunted then not to worry.

I have an inkling that it's more than just worry on my part.  I'm fully irked that he spazzes out every time we have dinner where there's some sort of vegetable on his plate.  I'm irked that even if we painstakingly take out the veggies in dinner to put on his plate, he picks at it and claims he isn't feeling well and then doesn't have dinner.  Argh.

People keep telling me that he'll outgrow and I hope that he will and I know that being frustrated doesn't help anything, but honestly, it feels overwhelming sometimes that it's such a pain in the butt.  Alright, rant over :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. I can't help you with this one really. I was lucky that neither one of mine went through this. The worst of it was my sons dislike of onion. He would pick it out of everything. Your doctor is right. I wouldn't stress to much. Sometimes the more of an "issue" it becomes, the worse it is because they are getting the response from you that they want. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete