Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crossed the finish line

Well folks, it's official!  I have finished my Olympic knitting challenge with days to spare.  This year I challenged myself to a pair of color work knee high socks.  I wanted to improve my color work skills and I'm pretty sure I accomplished that.  These socks really flew off the needles although I feel like the second ones took longer because I kept misreading the chart and having to rip back a needle or two and redo it. 

When I first saw this pattern my initial reaction was "I have to have these" and "Wow, it only takes that much yarn?"  I have enough yarn leftover to make several hexipuffs for my Beekeeper's Quilt so it's a double win.


I do not have a great picture of the back yet.  It's a little difficult to photograph your calves by yourself.  :)

I really think I could have knit the entire sock on size 2 needles.  You can't see it from here, but my left toe is a little loosey.  This pattern was nicely written, it was easy to follow and even if I hadn't been against the clock, I think it would have been fast anyhow.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment