I haven't been able to think of a cohesive enough blog post so you get the lucky random thoughts in my head. :D
1. I have been reading a really interesting (nerdy) book called "The Violinist's Thumb: And Other Lost Tales of Love, War, and Genius, as Written by our Genetic Code" by Sam Kean. It definitely strays from my reading norm but I do enjoy an occasional nerd read. I've been making sure to keep notes on my Nook so I can sound smart when I review it later. :D
2. My gal pal and I are 'training' for a 5K next month! I'm excited as before my running wasn't really going anywhere. I just kind of was. Now I have a goal and that makes it a bit more exciting. :) I have been using Adidas MiCoach on my Droid. It is pretty awesome when you run outside and use it, but it's kinda worthless if you run inside with a treadmill unless you know exactly when your intervals start. The one time I used it outside the voice was nice about letting me know when to move up to the blue/green zone and saying good job :) My favorite part about MiCoach is that you can set what your goals are. Before the 5K I had it set to just 'be fit' and you can also add weight workouts.
3. Over the weekend my SIL got married! It was a grand time and everything was just beautiful. My lucky family was part of the wedding and it was fun for everyone to get dressed up and support her on her special day.
4. Since my daughter loves getting her nails painted so often and I've discovered that it doesn't last so long because she chews on her fingers (when she gets super upset she stuffs them in her mouth and chews), I decided that I should stop using regular nail polish on her and find an eco-friendly option. Also, I'm not a huge fan of using nail polish remover on her. I've heard of a few good brands that are specially made for children and happened upon Piggy Paint at EcoMom. It is exactly what I need for a little fashionista :D They have a lot of fun stuff and so I also picked up some recycled plastic plates for the kids.
5. My kitty Sasha seems to be doing better. It's hard for me to tell because she was so gross when we brought her in I wasn't entirely certain of the condition of her face (except eww). Now that it seems a bit more cleared up (aka less bloody and leaky) it looks nasty as ever but less puffy. She has been active and loving on me and let me brush several knots out of her fur last night and even let me carry her as far as the bathtub. After that it was a no go but she at least has been letting me carry her around a little bit.
6. I am piano duty-free for the rest of the week and I will be using that time to work on my Dahlish Knits back to school stuff! For more information on that, keep an eye on my other blog, Dahlish Knits!
Other than that I've been enjoying this last 'week' of summer!