Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What to do with Jenga Blocks

First I was inspired by this post over at Doodle Craft.  Then I asked my husband if he thought we'd ever play drinking Jenga again (this was more of a nicety, I knew the answer was no).  Yesterday I proceeded to make up my own version of what I wanted it to be and voila!  I ended up with this






I hot glued the Jenga pieces together in stacks of 12 and 4 across.
I drew in portraits in the frames with a Sharpie.  Some of them are hard to see from this far away, but I have some dogs, kitties, hiding girls and just silly people.  :)
Some of the Jenga pieces set a little off so when I covered my scrapbook paper with Mod Podge there were little pockets of air at the edges.  No worries though.  :)
I put on two coats of Mod Podge, stapled long lengths of black ribbon to the back and hung it up!

This piece now accompanies my other Mod Podge project....


For the white pictures I bought small wooden squares at Hobby Lobby, painted them white, laid the pictures down with Mod Podge, painted the names on them and then put two more coats of Mod Podge on the top and edges.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment