Monday, September 26, 2011

Party High

Yesterday I spent the bulk of my day getting over our yippee party high on Saturday :D  I admit we skipped church because we a) slept in and b) I could barely keep my eyes open for the rest of the day.

It's funny because it's like I get all in a tizzy over things like this (a fun frantic get to work tizzy), the day comes and I'm all aflutter making sure heads aren't rolling (like mine) and then once it's all over I feel at a loss having nothing to do.  I don't really like having nothing to do.  I mean, I like having things to do with the option of just not doing them.  But I get a little out of sorts when I've done everything that needs to be done and then it's just...nothing.

With Halloween coming I'm trying to think of some fun crafty things to do with the kids.  Monster Bean has requested he dress up as Max from "Where the Wild Things Are" for Halloween (I've already downloaded a pattern for the hat & crown, we'll buy him a sweatshirt/pants and dress them up somehow).  For our friendly Halloween Party we're doing a geek theme and I've lined up used diaper boxes to make replica Tardis.  I'm thinking of using leftover toilet paper rolls to make bones and either string them up or attach them to make a wreath...I haven't quite decided yet.  Plus there will be pumpkins to be bought (hopefully at the Pumpkin Patch if the calendar ever decides to cooperate!), pumpkin pie, my Scarecrow to be propped up and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment