Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cookies and crafts

I love taking an afternoon to bake and do silly crafts with the kids, even if it means just whipping out a coloring book and crayons.  Sometimes they're into it and other times they're not.  Either way I just love hanging out with them doing something I love!

Earlier this week we did a couple of projects out of Monster Bean's paper book.





We made a small picture of airplanes first.  It was a great way to use up leftover scrapbook papers!
Our second craft was a pirate mouse.  He needs to be colored in still, but I like how he's comprised of a paper towel tube and parts of a cereal box!

Today we were going to make sugar cookies from a box kit that one of my piano students gifted me.  I got through making the dough and shaking the sprinkles out, but the dough was too doughy to roll them into balls.  Even after chilling it for 2 hours it was still sticky and in my frustration decided to chuck it and I'd make sugar cookies from scratch later.  But I did manage to get a few cute pics of the kids getting ready to help.







No comments:

Post a Comment