Friday, February 10, 2012

What's for dinner?

There's nothing like a week of home cooked meals to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  :)  This week we've had chili with beer bread (so much better homemade than from a box), English muffin pizzas, tater tot hot dish.  Yum yum yum.

For tonight I'm making chicken wild rice soup (okay, the soup is a box mix....but came well recommended!), the chicken I'm marinating first in Italian dressing (which is so good for marinating and cooking everything with!), then to go along with it is my first attempt at focaccia bread.  I feel like I've been telling the entire world that.  :)  The instructions read like a lot of work, but honestly it hasn't been.  It's mostly do step 1, wait overnight, do step 2, wait an hour, do step 3, wait half an hour, bake.  Mostly waiting instead of actually doing.  It's halfway done in the oven and it doesn't look terrible if I say so myself.  :D

When all is said and done I will definitely post a pic, especially of the bread along with my family's review!

No comments:

Post a Comment