Friday, March 9, 2012

Lent Lunch

Not too long ago I mentioned about how I was trying new recipes for Lent this year .vs. 'plain ol' fish'.  When I was making the menu for this week I found this easy and yummy sounding pasta veggie salad.  Here are the results:



Ingredients:

cheese tortellini
asparagus
yellow sweet pepper
parmesan cheese

dressing: a mix of extra olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sugar and salt

Then you throw it all together and yum is what you've got!  :)  My only complaint is that the package for the tortellini asked for 4 quarts of water to cook them in.  No way.  There is no way that tiny bag of tortellini requires 4 quarts.  Especially when 4 quarts just about overflowed my biggest pot.  Next time I think 2 quarts will do.

Recipe found in my Better Homes & Garden cook book!

No comments:

Post a Comment