Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sickies

The past two days I've been down and out with the sickies.  I wish it were just a headcold, but it involved some barfing, some queasy tummy and aching everywhere.  It was the kind of sick that requested the hubby stay home so I could sleep my day away.  I'm really super happy that he has the kind of job where he can do that.  It's really difficult trying to take care of everybody else when you're feeling sick.

I seem to be on the up and up today although going to bed early again probably won't be a bad idea :)  I also plan to skip out on swimming today and tomorrow so as not to push it.

I know in general people don't like being sick.  But I hate it.  I hate hate hate hate not feeling like myself.  I hate that rumbly grumbly feeling in your tummy that you're not sure if it means you're going to throw up, if it's just your stomach rebelling against either some kind of food or not having eaten, all the aches and pains that come with being sick that won't go away.

In other news....!  The big bad blizzard that was supposed to come and get us the past two days didn't.  Or rather, it didn't get as near north as originally predicted so instead of 8-12 inches of snow and no school, there were 4 inches of snow and a late start.  Although late start still equals no school for the little ones...  Anyhow.  It definitely looks like winter outside although to my surprise it isn't making me nostalgic for Christmas like it usually does when we have a brown Christmas.  It just looks like winter.

That's all I've got for today!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment