Monday, August 20, 2012

Rabble rabble rabble

That's what my brain is doing right now.  :)

We had a super fun and exciting and busy weekend.  I should have gone to bed as soon as everyone left but instead we had people come back over for one last game.  :) 

I have been so preoccupied taking pictures for all kind of other things that I haven't been able to cheat by taking pictures with my phone and posting them via Flickr.  :)  So that's what I've been a big fail on that end.

In other news school starts this week and after attending the open house tonight I am fairly certain I will be a blubbering mess on Friday.  It all sounds great until I realized that he'll be eating lunch there, spending his entire day there and that he's really going to be going to school.  I feel like such a weirdo for suddenly feeling a little freaked out about it, but my husband assured me it just makes me normal.  :D

I didn't run this morning because I figured 3 baskets of laundry and lots of cleaning up was in order after said long weekend.  No problem, right?  I was going to make it up tonight after my piano lesson.  Big problem.  Neither my lungs nor my leg wanted to cooperate and so instead of running for 25 minutes I almost made it an 8 mile.  I knew I should have just gone to the park where they tell you one lap equals one mile.  No hills, no traffic, no creepy weird guys walking down the side of the road.  At least I got out there, but still.  I was so unimpressed with  myself that I deleted any record of it on MiCoach.

I listed my fingerless mittens on my shop this afternoon (if you're interested click here!) and also managed to get some rows in on my cardigan.  I'm not sure what my deal is, but I'm not 100% in love with this project either.  Is it the yarn?  No.  The yarn is thick and plushy and soft and knitting up quite well.  But no matter what, despite the hundreds of pages of projects on Ravelry, I'm  having a hard time committing.  I'm certain part of it is because the pattern I really wanted to use the yarn for is being reworked and so it isn't even available.  But this pattern has been in my queue since it debuted on Knitty.  I don't know.  Maybe I just need more new yarn and a whole new project.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard when your little one first goes to school, but trust me, in about 6 years, you'll be looking forward to the start of the school year. hahaha
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete