Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Zombies and Shakespeare



This past week I started reading "Zombie Island" by Lori Handeland.  I have to admit I was pretty bummed at first when I discovered it was a sequel.  I worried that I was going to miss out on something by not having read the first one.  But I am several chapters in and I have to say that I am totally in love with this book and it doesn't matter I didn't read the first, any references to the first are explained.

I love seeing lines that I recognize from his work (most notably "Romeo and Juliet") and how his Sonnets to his Dark Lady are attributed to his love in these two books.  It's a silly book but one I can get totally get behind and will be insisting my zombie loving friend reads.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I expect to be allowed to borrow this is if it a real book.

    ReplyDelete