Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Proud



It doesn't matter what your political affiliation is, please go out and vote today!  You may not feel like it (and I sometimes don't feel that it does, living in a red state) but your vote does count, make your voice heard today.  We are lucky to have the responsibility of electing our representatives.  You may feel annoyed at the political ads and the smear campaigns that have been waging, but take a moment and think of who you want to stand for you and go vote.

Right now in my Bible study we are going through church history and it sure gives me a giant sense of patriotic duty to vote when I think of all those countries who have rulers thrust upon them through political intrigue, powerplays or whatnot.  They didn't have a choice, we do.

Also I just want to say, as nerdy as this sounds, I always get goosebumps when I vote, knowing that I can and that my opinion matters.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment