Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slush

I absolutely love the warm weather we've been having here.  Temperatures in the low 40's/high 30's means I've been running around without my coat on, it means we've been driving with the windows down and already going out for walks.  It means that there's a lot of sunshine and I can actually enjoy it outside a tiny bit.  But it also means that it's getting slushy as all get out and everything that's melting during the day is freezing back up at night.  Which means our alley is total chaos to drive.

Yesterday my husband calls me from the alley asking if I can help push him out of the slush and into the driveway.  I've had to just power on through the huge ruts to get anywhere.  Today we took a walk and seriously I got more of a workout maneuvering the stroller through the alley than walking with my 2 kids and dog!  Eeep.

The other lovely side effect of this warm up is that the snow is melting in our yard.  Which means all the dog poop that got hidden from the 30+ days of snow in Dec-January is now popping up everywhere.  Ew.  Luckily he was relegated to a contained area over the winter so at least it isn't literally everywhere....!

No comments:

Post a Comment