Thursday, April 5, 2012

Catching up

It's weird to think that in just a few days, I'll be 30.  I certainly don't feel like I'm going to be entering a new decade or leaving one behind.  (I suppose I'll have to ask myself again Sunday morning...or maybe even Monday).  The reason I think it isn't striking fear into my heart is this.  To quote several of my Bible study moms, I'm a 'young pup'.  I always have been.  Always trying to catch up to everyone else who was older, cooler and occasionally wiser :D  Plus I think I have great role models who are both entering their 30's and some are well into their later years with grown children of their own.  It gives me a nice warm feeling that they've gone through the craziness I'm going through and have come away wonderful women.  Both those who have been blessed many times over, those who have gone through hard times and come out wiser, and those who are same parenting journey I am.  I think from this pool of women it isn't so daunting to turn thirty.  :)

I also think it is because I've done a lot of the things I wanted to accomplish before thirty.  College, getting married, having babies, being a working mom then staying at home, pursuing ventures that did well and some that made a meh noise in my face.  Having the life I can be proud of and excited about.

Okay enough with the sappy bits :D

On Saturday we ordered a new dishwasher, on Tuesday the boys went to pick it up and last night my husband was to install it.  Yeah.  I told him before I left for faith formation that he should really install it first just in case he needed anything and the stores were still open (in a small town the useful stores are only open 'til 7 if you're lucky).  He shrugged it off and said he'd fly his helicopter first and then get to the dishwasher when it was dark. We come home and the dishwashers are in the middle of the kitchen and nothing is done.  A little bit later he discovers that some of the pieces don't fit with our plumbing.  A drive later he discovers that none of the bigger stores have anything that he needs so the dishwasher can't be fully installed.  It took all the effort in the world not to stab my finger in his chest and say "I told you so!" and he knew it.  But it wasn't as bad as all that, he was able to at least get it fitted into where our old dishwasher was and connected to as far as it could go.  Today he was able to finish it in about 10 minutes and we ran it.  I'm happy to report there have been no leaks.

A birthday girl with gift cards is like a bunny on crack.  I was decently behaved, but gave myself a little leeway when I saw this gorgeous color block dress at JCPenny's that I just had to have.  :)  It is my opinion that there are too many dark things in my closet.  I'm not sure how this happened or why, but I'm determined to fix it.  Both Urban Outfitters and ModCloth were good to me this afternoon.  :D  I also managed to pick up two sweet outfits for my best friend's daughter's first birthday at the end of the month AND new PJ's for Little Miss.  That girl grows like a dang weed.  I swear I just bought her some PJ's and already I'm replacing them.  Sheesh.

Lastly...or at least I think lastly...I finished my Gemini sweater last night!  Forgive me the not so great coloring of my phone picture, it's hard to get it just right.


It's actually a very pretty lilac purple and fits like a dream.  I was a little worried when I was finished because it looked like a giant square with cap sleeves.  But in reality it fit like the most amazing tee in the world :)  I would totally knit this again!

I don't know if I'll be able to get another blog post in before Easter so have a great one!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your sweater turned out super cute! It looks really comfy too. I'm a horrible knitter, this makes me wish I wasn't though!

    ReplyDelete